Friday, January 14, 2011

Ribs, in the Crock Pot

These ribs have been in my recipe box for some time now. They’re one of my favorite busy-night meals, too. My aunt, Monica, made these ribs for one Sunday get-together and I’ve loved them ever since. She even makes her own barbeque sauce, but I haven’t perfected that…yet!

IMG_7560_Resized

You’ll need ribs, your seasoning of choice, vegetable oil, and a little water. I recommend using baby back or short ribs. Spare ribs are good for barbequeing, but they’re really too fatty for the crock pot. The seasoning I used is just a Rib & Brisket Rub from a local packing house.

IMG_7561_Resized

Unwrap the ribs and place on a large pan to catch the mess.

IMG_7562_Resized

Pour on a little vegetable oil.

IMG_7565_Resized

Shake on some seasoning.

IMG_7568_Resized

And rub it all in.

IMG_7569_Resized

Flip it over.

IMG_7570_Resized

And repeat.

IMG_7571_Resized

Cut into sections of two to three ribs.

IMG_7573_Resized

I ended up with six sections. Which is enough for our family, but if you have big eaters, you may want to use two slabs of ribs.

IMG_7574_Resized

Throw them in the pot and add about a half inch of water in to help them get started.

IMG_7580_Resized

Find yourself a pretty little helper to push the buttons.

IMG_7581_Resized

Cook the ribs on high for six hours or on low for eight. Ten hours is just too long and the meat will completely fall off of the bone.

IMG_7605_Resized

This is after three hours of cooking.

IMG_7608_Resized

And this is after six hours.

IMG_7615_Resized

Serve them up with your favorite sides and enjoy!

This is a great quick, easy meal for a busy night! Try it soon!

1 comment:

Michelle M said...

MMM MMMM I may just have to try these out. I love being able to put something in the crock pot before work and come home and the house smell good and best of all supper is already done!! =)