Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Poppies

Last fall, I decided to take out a bunch of boxwood bushes that lined part of our driveway. I didn't want to leave it a bare spot all winter, so Travis & I planted poppies there. We had a beautiful show of flowers for the last couple of weeks. These pictures are from the first few days of blooms.




Elizabeth is still having a little trouble with the concept of "Don't walk through the flowers!!" But, she's getting better.

Every time we walked to the front yard, she would pluck a flower for herself.




She was walking a fine line here in her pink mud boots!

Our poppies turned out to be so pretty this year, that I'm thinking of planting a line of them in the very front of the yard near the road for next year. They sure do make a show!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love her in those Hello Kitty rainboots! So adorable, walking through the flowers!