Monday, November 23, 2009

Some Good Sleep

This past weekend, we took a trip up to my parents for a visit and an early Thanksgiving dinner. They're going out of state to visit my sister, so they won't be around this Thursday. As soon as we got out of the car, Elizabeth met the new dog, Daisy. I always think of sour cream when my mom calls the dog and then I find myself singing the commercial. I'm glad to be away from that thing!

Ok, I digress. Elizabeth loved playing with Daisy (do a dollop, do do a dollop...) and no, seeing her so happy and giddy to be playing with an animal does not move me to get one of our own! I don't even want to commit to a beta fish; they just live too long.

Aren't their little puppy butts cute?

"Hey, what's going on? Can I help?" Elizabeth taught Uncle Matt how to weld. He just wasn't doing it right!

And then there were these things. Nesting boxes. Hours upon hours of fun. Oh, how she liked to knock them down. She wasn't much help stacking them up, though. Once the boxes got three high, down they came!

Uncle Matt and his good sleep. I just found out this weekend what good sleep really is. You see, I had always thought of good sleep as being able to sleep through the night without having to put your kid back into bed. Oh, no. I was completely misinformed! Good sleep is sleeping when you should be awake. You know, like any time past 7:30 a.m. for Matt. In this picture, it was closer to 10 a.m. I hope that was some good sleep!

Back to the boxes. We all had our turn at stacking them back up for Elizabeth.

She would just come around and knock them all back down.




I think she had a good time, don't you?

Sunday, my Uncle Keith, Aunt Teresa, and their three kids, Dustin, Rachel & Courtney, came for an early Thanksgiving dinner. We had a good time and it was great to see everyone!

No comments: