Monday, October 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

In this house, we love to eat! Which is good, because I love to cook. Luckily, we all stay active enough to burn my meals off, because this week, I've got some hearty meals planned.

  • Roast beef (in the crock pot, seasoned with salt, pepper and onion; set to 8 hrs), steamed potatoes and carrots in the oven; something green....maybe home-frozen broccoli
  • T-bone steak (grilled), wild rice, fried okra
  • Tuscan Lemon Chicken, home frozen corn, white rice
  • Pork Ribs (barbecued on the pit); noodles with buttered crackers; squash (from our fall garden)
The Tuscan Lemon Chicken is from an Ina Garten cookbook. I've been saying that I want to incorporate new dishes into my meal plans and this is a start. I'm also going to make a chocolate cake from another one of her cook books this week. I'm really looking forward to some truly cooler weather so I can start making some of the yummy fall and winter soups and stews I've been waiting to cook up!

I hope you all have a good week!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Let me know how the Tuscan Lemon Chicken turns out. The name sounds good.