Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Family Reunion

This past weekend, we attended another family reunion. This time, for my family. Before I talk about that, though, I was finally able to put Elizabeth's hair up into a pony tail for the first time! Isn't she adorable? It only lasted a few minutes before she became inquisitive about what was holding her hair back. It was cute while it lasted.

Ok, on to the reunion...almost. These next three pictures are from the day before when we were decorating the hall. Uncle Matt did a good job of entertaining Elizabeth while we were finishing up. The fun activity? Rolling a gold dollar on the floor! Who knew something so simple could be so interesting?


Isn't he a good uncle!?

Now, the reunion. Uncle Mike was the emcee. He did a good job and moved fairly quickly through the "formal" part of the day. Each of The Twelve's family was asked to stand up and introduce themselves and the people in attendance as well as anything new that had happened over the last year.

Aunt Fayola and Uncle C.A. (Great Grandpa's sister and her husband) also attended the reunion. I think Uncle Mike had gotten some facts out of order and she's got her finger out telling him like it is! She really is a sharp, funny lady!

I didn't get an official count, but between 80 and 90 people showed up to the reunion (this includes guests and the Family Priest of Choice: Father Walter).

This year, for the door prizes, my Crafty Aunt Jana decided that it would be much more fun to put a sticker naming the door prize on the bottom of ten chairs. (There were ten door prizes, six mums and three candles.) So this is a shot of everyone in the hall turning their chair upside down to see if they won a door prize. This was really fun and I think everyone enjoyed the change!

And finally, the best picture of the day: my Crafty Aunt Jana and me! Under our names are our family number. This is the order in which we entered the family. Jana is number 27 and I'm number 85. For the blessing and singing of Let There Be Peace On Earth, we all lined up by our family numbers. It was really neat to see how the generations faded into one another! Another great idea from Crafty Aunt Jana!

All in all, I think everyone had a great time at the reunion. I brought three silent auction items, all garden related, of course, and they all sold well. Elizabeth didn't get a nap in, so when we were finally on our way to our Down South home, she was asleep before we arrived at the first town with a stop light. She had a good time playing with all of her cousins and we had a great time visiting. I'm already looking forward to next year!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I wish so much that I could have been there! Seeing your pictures made me tear up (yes, I know, but I come by it honest)! What a great picture of you and Jana!

Joanne said...

Oh - and Elizabeth's little pony tail? ADORABLE! I can't wait to see y'all again! I miss you!

Kate said...

Hey! I was just wondering if there were ten door prizes or nine because you only named 6 mums and 3 candles... hummmm. Anyway. Everything turned out cute! Elizabeth is adorable and i miss her sooo much!