Monday, June 8, 2009

Sleepover & Canning Green Beans (Again!)

Matt, Ethan, and a couple of their friends came Down South for a Roger Creager concert Saturday night. Instead of driving all the way back home, they crashed at our house. They had to sleep on air matresses, but I don't think they had any complaints! I made them all breakfast on Sunday morning and then they napped and hung out until the afternoon.

It was just too cute that all of these boys were loving playing with Elizabeth. She was the center of attention! They played with her toys, entertained her, pushed her around on her little car and even played with her fridge farm! She was little miss show-off all day long!




While everyone, including Elizabeth, was taking a nap and Travis was working at the garden, I started tipping, snapping, and canning six gallons of green beans. If you want a refresher on the canning process, check it out! I canned 18 quarts and 1 pint of green beans. This brings our total up to 22 quarts and 1 pint. I canned a pint of green beans because I did not have enough left for a quart and they ended up fitting perfectly in a pint jar. I did not have a single jar break or not seal! I think this will hold us over for awhile, so I'm going to wait to can more. For now, what we can't eat, I'll sell at FM.



It took me from 10:30 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. to finish canning. So that's 8 hours and 45 minutes! Whew, now you know why I'm a little late posting!! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours went by way too fast! But don't they always...

No comments: