Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gardening

Today, we spent close to nine hours in the garden! Elizabeth, my father-in-law & I finished planting everything except for two rows! Lots of work, but it feels good to be almost finished planting. We planted more corn, watermelon, cantaloupe, squash, cucumbers (slicing and pickling), turnips, Maxibelle beans (like a green bean), okra, black-eyed peas and crowder peas. Whew! I still have pumpkins to plant, but not until around the end of next month. My legs are sore!! I hope I can move in the morning.

Poor Elizabeth didn't get an afternoon nap and she was falling asleep in her high-chair as I was getting something for her supper. Sweet baby was so good today. A little fussy at times, but who wouldn't be when they're all cooped up in a play pen. Grandpa took her walking while I was planting and she's doing really well...she'll be walking in no time! She's also getting much braver at letting go of one hand while standing still and she'll take a few steps. I took some pictures, and I'll upload them later, but all I want to do right now is lay on the couch and watch TV for a few minutes before I crash for the night.

I hope you're all in the mood for fresh vegetables, because you never know, when I see you, I may have a bag for you to take home!

No comments: